Polycystic ovary syndrome, or commonly called PCOS, has become a common health issue among women. It is a hormonal disorder common among women affecting their bodies. It is considered to be one of the main reasons for infertility of women in India. But this condition not only impacts the health, it also shows its outcome on body’s weight.
Few common signs of PCOS:
- Irregular menstrual cycle:
It includes irregular periods, frequent occurring of periods, delay in periods, excessive bleeding during the periods and painful cramps.
- Oily skin: Typically skin becomes oil and acne start to appear. These acne generally do not respond to any treatment.
- Cysts in the ovary: A woman suffering from PCOS may also be carrying small cysts in the ovaries.
- Excess body hair: This condition is called Hirsutism which means excessive hair growth on face, abdomen, chest or upper thigh area.
- Infertility: One of the most common symptom.
- Obesity: It has been found that women who experience PCOS also face issues with weight. If you lose weight, you may reduce PCOS symptoms. This may lead to proper menstrual cycle then that would reduce other symptoms in return.
Steps to reduce weight:
- Walk daily: A 30- to 45-minute brisk walk can help you in getting back to shape but it should be followed on a daily basis.
- Say “No” to eating after 8 pm: There should be a gap of at least three hours between your dinner and sleeping time. This will help you to digest food properly.
- Eliminate processed and junk foods: Junk foods should be avoided
- Chew food slowly and properly: Chew your food slowly as eating fast can make you eat more. One should not overeat or else it might pose threat to overall health and will also be tough to get back to shape easily.
Consult a doctor: Most importantly, you must always consult your doctor before taking any steps. It is important to treat PCOS by consulting gynaecologist so as to avoid any future health threat.