Oats Cutlet or tikki is a healthy snack that can be prepared with ease. The ingredients are pretty simple like potatoes and some spices other than oats.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 carrot (optional)
- ½ tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp – Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Fennel Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp – Garam Masala
- 1 tsp – Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp. – Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup – Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 tbsp. – Maida/All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup – Water
- Boil potatoes in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles. Mash them well so that no lumps are visible. This way it will bind well.
- Meanwhile, roast all oats. Keep them stirring completely so that it doesn’t burn.
- Now take a bowl, add mashed potatoes, roasted oats, carrot, green chili, coriander leaves turmeric powder, red chili powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, salt, chaat masala, garam masala, lemon juice and mix everything well to form smooth dough.
- Now divide the dough into round shaped pieces.
- Take another bowl, add some maida and water to make a paste.
- Dip the round oat balls into it and then add into oats spreads.
- Take a frying pan, add some oil in it and then add the round shaped oats to it. Fry till they become golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney.